Wednesday, February 25, 2015

You've Got Mail!

I've planned this idea since the summer but have finally decided to use it to boost my class as things have been a bit more hectic since the new year (2015). Each student has their own "mailbox". I purchased them here and here. Whenever students do something remarkable like, participate, help another student, be attentive, follow directions, try their best, etc. I make sure to write a note on the colored cards. The size fits perfectly into the mailbox (whoever did the measurements is a good mathematician)! I sign these notes and date them. I call them by groups to "check their mail."

They are very happy to receive one and take them home to their parents! It has been helpful in getting students motivated to stay on task and make their parents happy. I want to have something at the end of the year for students who've accumulated a certain amount. I've been advising them to keep a stash of these notes somewhere safe. It can't be a pizza party... Help!




No comments:

Post a Comment