Sunday, February 5, 2017

A New Adventure~

Recently, I was accepted to the University of Delaware! I received notification that I was granted admission to the University of Delaware's graduate program of Education (PhD). I will obtain a PhD in Education with a specialization in Mathematics. This has some similarities to what I did in grad school for the M.S. in Ed. The main focus (or at least one of them) of the program is to examine critical issues of mathematics teaching and learning across K-12.

Continuing my studies was always lingering on my mind, and the opportunity to do is finally here. I still remember being 17 and getting accepted to Penn State, only to not be able to attend due to the cost of tuition. The University of Delaware offered to pay the entire tuition, in addition to offering a stipend, contingent upon teaching and doing research throughout my enrollment! Channeling my excitement and inner blue hen! 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment