Thursday, April 16, 2015

Back from Tokyo

I have been away from the blog for a while! Not only have I been trying my best to prepare the students for the Common Core State math exam next week, I took a trip to Japan during Spring break. I am STILL jetlagged and have gotten no more than 4 hours of sleep the past few nights.



In addition to the Spring Break homework packet, I am giving another packet this weekend that will cover adding decimals, quadrants, inequalities, unit rates and absolute value.

Our next unit is statistics and I want to use Mario Kart 8 to be our source for gaining data. Perhaps we can work towards finding out the fastest players or the fastest class, and use data from the game (the time it takes students to complete a race) to learn stat topics such as mean, median, mode, box plots, stem/leaf, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment