Saturday, September 27, 2014

Student of the........What?....

Well, the first month of school is practically down! Going back to the end-of-the-year award ceremony last year, I remember that students were awarded for different things than they are normally awarded for throughout the year. I decided to make these types of awards monthly. At least going along with my class, I've decided to create the following monthly recognitions for students:








Staples is my new best friend. I think these recognition pieces will reinforce the types of thinking and behaviors that currently take place in my class, as well as those that we need more of. It's not that math isn't important, but we can get through more math and create a better learning environment by reinforcing this positive social structure in my class.

Master Participators - These individual students are always attentive, tracking the speaker, and always have their hand ready to share their knowledge and understanding with the rest of the class.

Best Teamwork - To the groups that excel at always being on task, working together to complete a problem, incorporate all group members and follow all group norms

Best Effort - To those that show an eagerness to try their best and learn

Helps Others - Helps others in any sort of way. This could be with a problem, with passing in papers, or even with picking up something that dropped. These students are those that always help someone in need.

Groups of the Month - The groups that exhibit all of the qualities above.

No comments:

Post a Comment